There are so many versions of Office 365 that it is easy to end up paying too much. Many of a smaller businesses don't use all of the features that come with Office 365 such as Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype for Business and Business Teams. So are you paying the right subscription for your business?
Do you have software disks/licences for Microsoft Office
Do you just want the Microsoft Office suite and email and a little online cloud storage
If you don’t need Sharepoint and other online business services then you can go for Office 365 Business.
Cost: £7.90 or £9.50 per user per month. Less if you commit to a year’s subscription*.
Full details here
Do you also need SharePoint?
Do you also need Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype for Business and Business Teams?
Then you should consider Office 365 Business Premium. Designed for small businesses, this is cheaper than Enterprise.
Cost £9.40 to £11.30 per user per month. Less if you commit to a year's subscription*.
Don’t Sign Up for Microsoft ProPlus unless you Need it
It’s easy to sign up for Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus when you don’t need its features. ProPlus is more expensive and:
• Can be deployed to more than 300 users within one organisation
• Includes Microsoft Access
• Allows you to run Office on virtual desktops
• Includes Sharepoint archiving and compliance
• Includes Group Policy support
• Supports rights management
Features that many small business do not need.
Cost: £6.00 to £30.80 per user per month*.
What About Microsoft Office 365 Home?
We know of lots of really small businesses that are running Microsoft Office 365 Home. Things to consider here:
• You can’t have more than 5 users
• You can only install the software on one computer, one tablet and one phone for each user (Business allows 5 computers, 5 tablets and 5 phones)
• You don’t have access to an Exchange server
Cost: £7.99 per month*.
*Prices correct at time of writing.
August 31st 2018